Savour Kilkenny Food Festival, now in its 15th year, is thrilled to announce an exciting line-up of events and activities for the whole family. Taking place in Kilkenny city over the October bank holiday weekend from October 27th to October 30th, the festival promises a remarkable culinary journey and a weekend of indulgence, entertainment, and culinary exploration.
This year’s festival offers a wide variety of family-friendly events that will keep everyone entertained. From baking demos to cookie decorating workshops and storytelling picnics, there is something for children of all ages to enjoy.
Here are some highlights of the family-friendly events:
• Teddy bears’ picnic & storytime
On Friday, October 27th at 4 pm, join the Team at Loughboy Library for a special Savour Kilkenny ‘Teddy Bears Picnic & Storytime.’ Children can bring their favourite soft toy and enjoy stories, songs, and rhymes. Colouring and refreshments will also be available.
• Cakeface kids halloween baking demo with Laura Gannon
On Saturday, October 28th at 10.15 am, Laura Gannon and her helpers will demonstrate how to mix, make, decorate, and have fun with spooky yet sweet Halloween treats. This interactive session will also include food fun facts and prizes to be won.
• Young Food Producers Market
On Saturday, October 28th, from 1 pm to 4 pm, come and taste the best creations from our local post-primary students and young, up-and-coming chefs. This market gives them the chance to shine and be the future stars of our festival and food scene.
• Halloween cookie decorating workshop at MacDonagh Junction On Sunday, October 29th, from 1 pm to 4 pm, MacDonagh Junction Shopping Centre will host a free Halloween cookie decorating workshop. Let your little ones’ creativity run wild at this fun event with no booking required.
• Kids halloween cooking class with the cool food school
On Sunday, October 29th at 11 am and 1 pm, children aged 6 and above can join Deirdre from The Cool Food School for a fun and interactive Halloween cooking class. Come in your costumes, and together, we’ll make chocolate apple mummies.
• What is Halloween without a pumpkin? Savour Kilkenny Food Festival has partnered with Hughes Farming Pumpkin Patch, located at the Savour Market. On Saturday, October 28th, and Sunday, October 29th, from 11 am to 6 pm, families can pick their last-minute pumpkin from the patch and capture beautiful autumnal family photos.
• On Monday, October 30th, from 12 pm to 4 pm, Madra Monday returns to Savour Kilkenny, featuring special guest MC Jake Carter and brought to you by Leader Natural Dog Nutrition. This event promises a day filled with goodies for your pooch, including tasty treats and nibbles, photobooths, playdates, playgrounds, and pageants. For humans, there will be talks and Q&A sessions with experts on health, nutrition, behaviour, and enrichment, making it a great day out for everyone.
Savour Food Festival Manager, Marian Flannery, said:
“Savour has something for all the family. As well as a yoga brunch, cookery demos, foraging, gardening, biodiversity and candle making workshops, we’ll be showcasing the best in cheese, wine, tapas, beer, tacos and the Parade will be taken over by over 100 artisan food producers and street food vendors from all over Ireland.
We also have lots for children to do over the weekend. We’ll have an animal farm, a juggling and plate spinning workshop as well as stilt walkers, Latvian dancers, face painting and some Halloween treats. You can even bring the dog along as Jake Carter hosts the return of Madra Monday.”
For more information about the festival and the full schedule of events, including dining event tickets, please visit www.savourkilkenny.com or follow us on Instagram @savourkilkenny for updates.